Find Data and Reports
A lot of good data already exists about CUL, CU, and the library community as a whole. Whether statistics, project reports, or library systems that can be queried, the following links hook you up to the most important sources of existing data. If you notice something we missed, please let us know.
CUL Reports (eCommons):
- CUL Annual Statistics Report (1999/00-2009/10) & CUL Trends (2010/11-)
- CUL Annal Data Collection Wiki (CUL staff only; includes finer grained data and data notes for 2007/08-)
- CUL project findings by title
Get your own CUL data (CUL staff only):
- Accounting and labor distribution reports/statements (KFS ID&R dashboards): Contact Tami Magnus (tjm33) for information.
- Acquisitions vendor databases (via an LTS Web page): Contact Boaz Nadav-Manes (boaz.nadav-manes) for access.
- Chat statistics (QuestionPoint software): Contact Virginia Cole (vac11) for information.
- Count It! (local system used to record CUL's information contacts with its users): CUL staff can log in via CUWebLogin, or the group login. Contact CUL-COUNTIT-L for assistance.
- Ejournal usage statistics (CUL staff only - at the CUL Usage Statistics Confluence wiki): COUNTER reports (including some legacy ScholarlyStats reports).
- ILL data
- ILLiad (traditional interlibrary loans): Contact Caitlin Finlay (cmf7)
- Borrow Direct:
- 9/9/02 through 8/22/10:
- Option 1: Use ready-made dashboard reports (no login needed). Follow the links under "All Library Report Options" and "My Library Report Options."
- Option 2: Create your own reports from transaction-specific data (password needed - Contact Caitlin Finlay (cmf7) for "Library ID"). Use the options under "Download My Library's Data to Excel."
- 8/23/10 to present:
- View Borrow Direct dashboard reports or create customized reports and download to Excel (no pasword requried). View data for all BD members or just Cornell. The system is still in beta; counts may vary for the most recent 2-3 months. Please contact Cailtlin Finlay (cmf7) for official counts.
- 9/9/02 through 8/22/10:
- LibPAS (houses CUL's annual data collection 2007/08-): Contact Linda Miller (lm15) for access. See CUL's LibPAS use policy here.
- LSTools (Counts/data based on specific MARC criteria): Contact Gary Branch (gcb2) for information or to be added as a user. Sign on is by netID once registered.
- RefWorks statistics: Contact Virginia Cole (vac11) or Susan LaCette (skL2) for information.
- Voyager Reporting: contact Lydia Pettis (Lp14) for information.
- Web Logs (CUL web log statistics): Login via CUWebLogin.
- WorldCat usage statistics (via Omniture): Contact RAU for access.
Data and survey results about CU:
- Cornell Facts
- University Factbook
- IRP Surveys and Results
- International Students & Scholars Office's Annual Statistical report
National library-related data sets:
- ACRL Academic Library Statistics
- ALA's Research & Statistics page
- ARL Statistics
- ARL Analytics (interactive interface) This site replaces ARL's Interactive Edition,which was hosted by the University of Virginia. It was moved to ARL's own password protected site as of 3/15/10. Contact Linda Miller (Lm15) for access information for Cornell.
- ARL SPEC Kits
- NCES Library Statistics Program
- NCES Compare Academic Libraries tool
- NCES Executive Peer Tool